Acting as a Lead QA in the Customer Profile & Identity Platform, you will champion best practices and assist the team(s) in delivering the highest quality production software. You will be supporting multiple cross functional agile development teams to devise and implement context specific testing approaches and utilise technical testing techniques and tooling to deliver to our customers the best possible web experience.
Being hands-on, and leading by example, you will be instrumental in elevating the testing practices and culture within the team(s) as well as growing the software testing capability and coaching the more junior QA Engineers, helping to develop their skills and knowledge.
What we do
We provide the authentication and authorisation services as well as the storage of our customers’ profile information, enabling our customers to interact with ASOS in a seamless and secure way, supporting the way our customers experience ASOS as a brand.
Currently we are re-platforming and re-building all our core services utilising some of the latest technologies and capabilities, positioning ourselves and ASOS to be at the forefront of the next evolution in Retail e-commerce.
What you’ll be doing
- Work with the Platform Lead, Principal and Lead Software Engineers to define QA Vision and test strategy to be adopted by our teams
- Provide technical and theoretical advice and guidance to our agile teams around test strategies for both manual and automated tests
- Advising teams with regards to development standards, frameworks and guidance to maintain consistency throughout the software development lifecycle
- Helping teams to maintain quality CI/CD practices that enable them to release with confidence
- Providing technology leadership by sharing knowledge with others
- Leading and mentoring other QA Engineers across the domain, as needed
- Working with the Engineering Managers to define the objectives for QAs within the team
- Support the wider QA community with initiatives to continuously improve testing and QA practices at ASOS
- Recruiting awesome QAs into the platform
- Supporting the team(s) in adopting new tools and practices
- Being hands-on in delivering our technical goals using C# and Azure, working closely with the Solution Architect and Lead Software Engineers
- Providing the teams with guidance and QA leadership
- Ensuring the right test tooling and frameworks are in place to enable the teams to deliver against the business goals
- Researching test approaches and methodologies and applying findings to ensure the Customer Profile & Identity platform is at the cutting edge of quality engineering
Who we’d like to meet
You’re an experienced Lead QA Engineer or Senior QA Engineer ready for the next challenge, who is passionate about delivering best in class web experiences and are now ready to jump into a high visibility role and help shape the future of microservices testing at ASOS. You will have experience in testing high traffic, responsive web sites. You have a passion for technology and are familiar with developments and innovation in web technologies.
- You’re experienced with coaching, mentoring and leading QAs
- Can facilitate, influence and guide discussions with engineers at all levels
- Develop custom training for specific QA gaps and needs
- Engage broader stakeholders to facilitate quality
- Experience in creating, articulating and helping implement architecturally driven test strategies to cover both functional and non-functional testing, utilising automation and manual testing where appropriate
- Excellent understanding and practical experience of testing practices & principles e.g. TDD, BDD, ATDD, performance, security
- Testing microservices architectures
- Experience in championing and improving QA processes within agile teams, through collaboration and by being a key influencer
- Experience in implementing processes that enable teams to achieve Continuous Deployment and release with confidence
- Testing microservice architectures delivered using a combination of RESTful APIs and messaging.
- Solid knowledge of C# and OOP
- Automated test tools e.g. BDDify, ReSharper, NUnit, NCrunch
- Exploratory testing tools e.g. Postman
- Security best practices e.g. OWASP top 10, threat-modelling
- Testing and development of cloud-native solutions
- Continuous integration and deployment
- Experience of agile and XP practices
- Software design patterns and principles e.g. SOLID
- Soft skills:
- Inquisitive mind – You are always asking: Why? What if this happens? How does it work?
- Continuous improvement – You enjoy working with others and are comfortable giving and receiving feedback to help raise standards and drive continuous improvements
- Amazing team player – You work as well in a team and are comfortable engaging with people in different roles and at different career levels
- Passionate about technology – You demonstrate a passion for learning and an ability to grasp technical concepts with ease
*Understanding of CIAM technology and concepts would be advantageous
What's in it for you?
We will give you a competitive salary, bonus scheme, staff discount, sample sales and pension matching but also a fantastic bunch of flexible benefits that focus on your health, wealth & inner self for you and your friends and family.
We are all equal!
We’re committed to creating an inclusive workforce. We believe in a world where you have the freedom to explore and express yourself without judgement, no matter who you are or where you’re from. Where you value yourself and feel proud of who you are. Where individuality is a source of confidence, because difference makes the world a better place.