About The Role
A Platform Lead is responsible for owning the design, development and operations of a platform within the wider ASOS technology landscape. This role is to support the Platform Engineering and M&A teams.
The role works closely with Architects and Engineers to plan and define a road map for the Platform. You will also be responsible for working with Lead Engineers from various teams to make sure the design is broken down in a delivery plan.
You will closely work with your teams, ensuring they have the support they need to run and are delivering high quality software that meets our operational demands. A Platform Lead will get involved with the teams to help with planning, running design sessions and making sure the team have everything they need to succeed.
A Platform Lead will be expected to
Collaborate with the Business and other Platforms to deliver features that span areas and drive a plan that manages dependencies between teams and software.
- Contribute to, agree, and continuously review the roadmap with Architecture and the Head of Technology to make sure it meets both business and technology objectives maximizing the benefits for ASOS.
- Own the Platform Budget . Working with finance and procurement to ensure that costs are appropriate and tracked correctly
- Be accountable for planning and delivery of the platform backlog / services, working closely with the relevant key stakeholders.
- Drive the identification of features and functional enhancements within the platform that can support the improvement in how we support our internal customers
- Ensure that Tech Debt is addressed within the team and its supported technologies
- Work closely with other platform teams / project management / release management that may be dependent on / impacted by changes in the platform scope or technical implementation.
- Drive the day-to-day operations, monitoring and maintenance of the platform to ensure reliable, predictable and efficient service.
- Proactively monitor production performance to help guide future development and opportunities for technical or functional improvement
- Provide leadership to their team of Platform Engineers
- Own and continuously improve the software development process including testing, build and deployment and code quality
- Embrace and advocate Agile ways of working in technology and the wider business team
- Run planning and design sessions with your engineering teams
- Work with Lead Engineers to help run agile ceremonies (e.g. review, retro and planning sessions)
- Manage any 3rd party / supplier relationships – ensuring any service reviews are carried out and that licensing concerns are addressed
What success looks like
- Clearly understood Platform road map
- Strong relationships with Heads of Technology, other Platform Leads, Product Owners and Lead Engineers as well as the wider ASOS technology community.
- Operations teams are high performing and delivering software to agreed timelines, including operational support that may be required 24/7 (depending on criticality)
- The software produced is operationally stable, and incidents resolved in line with agreed SLAs
We would love to meet someone with
- A strong background in software delivery who understands the Software Development Life Cycle.
- Understanding of Agile practices and ability to run planning, design and other ceremonies
- Experience in project/programme management to build and execute complex road maps, and explain the business value to a non-technical audience
- Budget responsibility experience
- Experience in leading development teams
- Solid understanding of Azure and its key concepts so that you can drive conversations with the engineering team
- Practical understanding of our core toolsets e.g. TC / Octopus / Azure DevOps
- An Operational mindset – the changes we make affect multiple teams and impacts can be far reaching so demonstrable experience in this area is key
What's in it for you?
We will give you a competitive salary, bonus scheme, staff discount, sample sales and pension matching but also a fantastic bunch of flexible benefits that focus on your health, wealth & inner self for you and your friends and family.
We are all equal!
We’re committed to creating an inclusive workforce. We believe in a world where you have the freedom to explore and express yourself without judgement, no matter who you are or where you’re from. Where you value yourself and feel proud of who you are. Where individuality is a source of confidence, because difference makes the world a better place.