Empowering 20-somethings to look, feel and be their best so they can achieve amazing things
At ASOS our 2,000+ ASOSers are immersed in the creative worlds, live on their mobiles and have a truly entrepreneurial attitude. As a company, we’re not trying to mimic or profit from youth culture – we are part of that youth culture.
There’s nothing that excites us more than finding talent, fuelling it, then letting it fly. Whether it’s developing the careers of our staff or investing in a new tech platform, we love knowing that we truly keep fashion moving forward.
Ultimately, we get excited by interesting individuals and we want to feed this individuality, empowering our people and customers to look, feel and be their best so they can achieve amazing things.
A bit about the team:
Social Media is an incredibly powerful communications platform, and ASOS has presences on multiple social platforms with more than 20millon followers combined. We are responsible for managing and creating content for ASOS’s branded social presences (such as Facebook, Instagram, TikTok and YouTube). We are a nimble team with core members based in London, and other members of the team in New York.
The Social and Editorial Team, which you will be a part of, is responsible for managing and creating content for ASOS’s branded social presences, Insiders social accounts, the ASOS website plus our suite of CRM channels.
As our Global Social Media Executive, you’ll be responsible for leading the creation of world class social content on our suite of social channels. Working with the Global Social Media Manager, you’ll manage our menswear content output and will develop and help execute exciting content franchises and one-off posts for all channels.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- You will be mostly responsible for our ASOS fashion and brand social output across all channels
- Feed into and execute our per-platform social strategies, as set by the Global Social Media Managers.
- Working with the wider team, develop and execute ideas for exciting still image and video shoots across a range of business areas.
- Work with the wider content team to manage the content calendar. Liaise with other departments within ASOS to share this, as required.
- Create and self-edit content for ASOS’ most nimble channels (for example, Twitter).
- Work with the Global Sub Editor to self-sub, and to maintain and manage to global tone of voice across all content.
- Work with the Social Insights team on social reporting, ensuring you are rigorously tracking the performance of all content and enabling this data to be fed into future channel strategies.
- Work with the talent team to identify relevant creators and influencers to work with.
- Work with the Social Insights team and the Social Media Managers to implement findings from the monthly and quarterly reports.
- Developing and maintain excellent relationships within the business i.e. Retail Teams
- Work with partner brands on developing and executing shoots for a range of business areas.
- Self-shoot, upload and edit content where necessary in order to maintain the smooth running of the team.
- Ensure competitor research and customer insight are at the heart of all our output.
- Ability to create content for both organic, boosted and paid formats, with a clear understanding of the different nuances between the three.
- Be proactive with new and emerging platforms and formats on social and encourage first use where appropriate.
- An enthusiastic team player with a genuine obsession for social media.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience creating brilliant social media content for brands.
- Harbouring a real interest in social media platform changes and news, committed to exploring how ASOS might maintain a first-move advantage on each channel.
- Impeccable organisation skills and the ability to keep projects moving and ensure deadlines are met.
- Ability to act as an ambassador for the ASOS brand on shoots with talent and partner brands.
- Strong numerical know-how for reporting and analysing stats.
- An interest in fashion, trends and pop culture our 20-something audience love.
- And passion for the ASOS brand.