About the role:
You'll be working within the Web team at the heart of ASOS Technology. Our goal is to create the ultimate customer experience through inspiration, engagement and excitement in the fashion industry. We achieve our goals using cutting edge technologies at scale to always be ahead of our customers’ expectations.
Working with cross-functional teams to build the ultimate experience for our fashion conscious 20-somethings.
We're looking for highly engaged and passionate engineers to join our Web team. This is a fantastic opportunity for someone looking to apply and enhance their skills in a fast paced and dynamic environment, where no two days are ever the same.
You will be…
- Working in the Web Platform with a Senior Platform Engineer
- Using the latest Azure technologies to improve our agility and scalability
- Collaborating with development teams to continuously improve their DevOps practices e.g., helping teams migrate their codebases to our latest build and deploy stacks
- Contributing to the internal DevOps community through Inner-Source
- Taking full ownership of improvements/projects, from design/proof-of-concept, implementation, documentation, and knowledge sharing
- Reviewing and contributing pull requests to teams across ASOS
- Guiding teams towards consistent, repeatable, automated processes
We would love to meet someone with:
- Strong cloud (Azure) infrastructure experience
- Good experience of different OS's, e.g., Linux, Windows
- Understanding of (Docker) containers and Kubernetes
- Strong automation skill set, e.g., Ansible/Chef/Puppet, ARM/Terraform
- Good scripting skills, e.g., PowerShell/Bash
- Strong experience of Git based source control
- Good understanding of what a good build and deployment pipeline looks like
- Understanding of artifact management e.g., container registries, Helm repo's, NPM registry
- Strong experience of Continuous Integration/Deployment tools, e.g., TeamCity, Azure DevOps
- Good understanding deployment approaches, e.g., Blue/Green, Canary
- Experience with cloud networks e.g., DNS, Firewalls, Routing, Virtual Networks
- Understanding of secure by design principles
- Good understanding of Monitoring and Alerting
- Experience of using testing tools e.g., verify infrastructure, unit test scripts, load testing
- Experience of working in an Agile environment
- Experience of improving the Application Lifecycle Management (ALM)
- Great communication skills
- Methodical in problem solving
- Comfortable working independently and with teams
What's in it for you?
ASOS, we can offer you large scale, high performance and complex problems to solve to keep you busy. If that's not enough, you can get involved in initiatives across the organisation to improve and contribute to the evolution and culture we're striving for here at ASOS.
We will give you a competitive salary, bonus scheme, and pension matching. As well as access to sample sales and a staff discount. Our flexible benefits focus on your health, wealth & inner self for you, your friends and family.
We are all equal!
We’re committed to creating an inclusive workforce. We believe in a world where you have the freedom to explore and express yourself without judgement, no matter who you are or where you’re from. Where you value yourself and feel proud of who you are. Where individuality is a source of confidence, because difference makes the world a better place.