Join us and you'll become part of a crew, or a team, that works together to provide the best customer experience. If you've visited one of our restaurants before, you’ve probably got some idea of what's involved in working here. But you might not realise the variety and scope of the role. We want every McDonald's customer to have a brilliant experience, every time they visit. That means hot food in a clean and friendly restaurant. As a Crew Member, you'll make it happen, whether you're preparing food, serving on the till or being out in the dining areas looking after our customers' needs.
A franchised restaurant is a restaurant operated by a local business person trading under the McDonald's name. Currently over 80% of our restaurants in the UK are franchised but from a customer point of view there's no difference. For employees there will be minor differences between a company and a franchised restaurant. Please refer to additional information for more details.
You will be eligible for the following company benefits:
- A Free Meal Whilst at Work
- Annual Pay Related Performance Review
- Employee Discounts Card with Discounts or Cashback at Hundreds of Well-Known Retailers
- Flexible Scheduling
- Opportunities for Training, Development & Promotion
- 28 Days Holiday (Pro Rata for Part Time employees)
- An opportunity to complete a Level 2 / Level 3 Apprenticeship Programme within the Hospitality Industry
- An opportunity to apply for a Guaranteed Minimum Hours Contract
- Employee Assistance Programme provided by AXA
Quite simply, you'll be working in our fast moving, high energy
environment and we're looking for a genuine smile plus an ability to connect
with customers and make them feel valued.
You’ll need to be confident in approaching and dealing with diverse
groups of people. Friendly, courteous and helpful behaviour will come naturally
to you and you’ll work well as part of a team. Effective communication skills
such as attentive listening, face-to-face verbal communication and eye contact
are a must. You’ll also need to understand the importance of maintaining high
standards of quality and service as well as cleanliness. The ability to
maintain high energy levels whilst working both efficiently and productively is
essential. Finally, your appearance should be smart and clean.