The Jolly Farmer is a family-friendly pub in a quiet rural spot. Busy for food throughout the week, the pub draws customers including local walkers, and young families attracted by the large children\'s play area.
What can we offer you?
- 25% staff discount off food and drink, across all our pubs and hotels for you and your friends and family
- Share of credit card tips, in addition to your hourly pay
- Discounted hotel stays
- Full induction and training
- Opportunity to grow in your role
- The option to receive 30% of your earnings as you earn them. This means you won’t need to wait until payday for your money.
- Retail discounts
Could you support the day-to-day management of the pub?
As our Assistant Manager, you’ll take charge of our team and help to create a friendly atmosphere for customers.
You’ll still be out there on the floor, right at the heart of the action but it’s you that manages the day-to-day running of the pub.
More about the role
- Enjoy the fast-paced fun of pub life
- Learn new skills to enhance your career with our industry leading training and development.
- Belong to a supportive, close-knit team
- Assistant Manager is a rewarding role which sees you take responsibility for the happiness of customers and morale of staff.
- You’ll need to take ownership of problems, and you’ll live by a mantra of ‘always doing the right thing’ – even if it occasionally means bending the rules.
- In supporting the General Manager, this is also a great way to learn the business side of running a pub. It’s a chance to develop your skills and garner the knowledge you need to progress your career even further.
- The great thing about Fuller’s is that we hire on the basis of potential, more than previous experience. All we need to know is that you’ve got the right character for the role:
- You’ll be a great communicator
- You’ll have great decision-making skills
- You should be a confident, capable leader
- You’ll need to be organised
Fuller’s is family and a place where everyone belongs
- Do things the right way
- Being part of a family
- Celebrating individuality
- Always asking what’s next?
Jolly Farmer Blacknest
Binstead Road, Blacknest, Alton, Hampshire, UK, GU34 4QD