Digital Portfolio Manager
Digital Portfolio Manager | Permanent | Holborn
Whitbread is investing heavily into its people and its technology, and as such are looking to hire a Digital Portfolio Manager to be the bridge between our commercial stakeholders and our digital delivery team.
About the role:
- Designing and planning the commercial portfolio and proactively monitoring progress, budgets, risks and issues, identifying and taking corrective actions as required
- Provide a leadership point of escalation for individual initiatives within the pipeline
- Manage appropriate commercial governance and delivery forums
- Work closely with Whitbread platform teams, in particular digital
- Responsible for recruiting staff as and when required.
- Direct and motivate the teams responsible for delivery of the pipeline – ensure all team members understand their roles; ensure pipeline objectives and requirements are understood and met
- Responsible for managing third party suppliers as and when required
- Responsible for coordinating activities and dependencies within the portfolio and identifying external dependencies on other projects, resources or environments
- Implementing the governance and quality assurance arrangements for the portfolio.
What you’ll be doing:
- Overall responsibility for the successful initiation, planning, design, execution, monitoring, controlling of a commercial portfolio of work.
- Setting realistic and practical goals for both pipeline and workstreams contained within.
- Evaluate progress of the portfolio and make timely interventions as needed to drive down risk
- Manage third-party supplier deliverables to time, cost and quality.
- Take responsibility for the portfolio for all dimensions: delivery, governance, reporting, risk & issues, financial/budget management, resourcing and communication
- Assure workstreams transition successfully from delivery into managed support arrangements
- Manage, direct and motivate key IT resources (delivery managers, solution architects, business analysts, testing resources) and other key resources across the technology function in a matrix style organisational structure
- Maintain portfolio output quality by establishing and enforcing organisational standards
What you’ll need:
- Deep portfolio management background with more than 10 years programme and project management experience
- Deep understanding of digital and agile practices, and with experience of working closely with business product managers
- Demonstrable experience of delivering multiple large technology integration projects from concept through to operational use
- Proven experience of working within a commercial framework
- Strong understanding of the underlying business processes required to trade, operate and support a Hotel business or equivalent business
- Proven experience of directing and motivating project teams
- Relationship Management – ability to build, establish and maintain influential relationships to drive effective decision making
Whitbread is an inclusive employer. We believe that everyone is unique and there should be no barriers to entry and no limits to ambition. We welcome your application whatever your background or situation. Under-represented groups such as women, ethnic minorities, people with disabilities & members of the LGBTQ+ community (those who identify as gay, lesbian, bi-sexual, trans sexual, non binary or use another term), are strongly encouraged to build a career with us. We are open to part-time and flexible working and, where possible, will try to support this.