ABOUT THE JOB
To carry out high quality fittings and alterations whilst maintaining the CHANEL standards of customer service, product knowledge and care, personal presentation and teamwork at all times. To build strong client relationships and to work in close collaboration with the selling team, to enhance sales.
To be successful as a tailor, you should be detail-oriented and knowledgeable of clothing design and construction. Ultimately, an exceptional tailor should demonstrate excellent communication, time management, sewing, and problem-solving skills to ensure that customers are satisfied with the tailoring services provided.
LEVERAGING YOUR UNIQUE EXPEREINCES, CHANEL WILL ENABLE YOU TO:
1. Customer Experience / Customer Relationship
- Establish and maintain strong client relationships by responding promptly and appropriately to all internal and external queries and ensuring that all clients are kept informed as appropriate
- Provide the highest level of customer service all times, including offering professional, positive and realistic advice regarding fittings and alterations to CHANEL standards as required
- When assisting on the shop floor as needed, apply CHANEL standards of customer service including welcoming clients and escorting clients to the door as appropriate in order to assist in maximising all sales opportunities
- Discussing alteration requirements with customers to ensure that their specifications are met.
- Taking customers’ measurements using a tape measure.
- Accurately recording customers\' measurements, instructions, and preferences.
- Attaching labels to customers\' garments to prevent any errors.
- Modifying garments according to customer instructions, which includes tapering pant legs, lining sheer garments, removing pockets, and adding padding.
- Altering garments to improve comfort and fit, which includes shortening sleeves or straps, narrowing lapels, as well as taking in or letting out seams.
- Sleeves must be shortened specifically from the shoulder.
- Accurate input of client information into CASS, capability to update and close cases
2. Personal Effectiveness
- Carry out accurate fittings as well as timely completion of alterations of the highest standards with particular attention to detail and finish
- Ensure all deadlines for alterations and adjustments of garments are met, immediately communicating any issues to colleagues and/or management as appropriate
- Develop and maintain expert standards of product knowledge to be shared as appropriate
3. Team Spirit
- Communicate and liaise appropriately and effectively with colleagues and management within own and other Boutiques, as well as with CHANEL Head Office as required
- Work effectively and efficiently within the team, sharing ideas and contributing to a positive morale as well as ensuring good time management and sufficient Boutique cover at all times
- Apply a helpful and courteous manner towards all colleagues, remaining reliable, supportive and flexible as the business demands
- Ensure absolute confidentiality of the Company’s commercial activities and internal affairs at all times
4. Boutique Operations
- Adhere to relevant Health & Safety as well as Security procedures and guidelines at all times
5. Training / Personal Development
- Successfully participate in and complete any training provided, acquiring and applying high standards of customer service and product knowledge
- Actively and positively participate in any meetings arranged
YOU ARE ENERGISED BY:
- Applying an artisanal spirit to our client’s alterations and repairs
- A consistently varied challenge, adapting to the intricacies of individual pieces
- Understanding a clients’ needs, in order to tailor product to fit their lives
- Delivering high quality work in a fast paced environment
- Perpetual development of techniques and knowledge
WHAT YOU CAN BRING TO THE TEAM:
- Proven experience working as a tailor – minimum 5 years.
- Sound knowledge of fabrics as well as clothing design and construction.
- The ability to use a sewing machine and an overlocker.
- Excellent organizational, problem-solving, and time management skills.
- Outstanding sewing skills.
- Effective communication skills.
- Exceptional customer service skills.
- Good hand-eye coordination.