According to fresh data that was recently presented by the employment website Indeed, senior positions in the healthcare industry attract some of the highest wages in the United Kingdom.
According to the end-of-year numbers published by Indeed, the healthcare industry is responsible for no less than 12 of the United Kingdom's top 20 highest-paying positions. The position of consultant dermatologist brings in an annual income of £100,000, making it the highest-paying employment in the healthcare industry and the fourth highest-paying profession overall. In addition, vascular surgeons, nephrologists, and ophthalmologists are located quite close to the top of the ranking.
Indeed developed this list by doing an analysis of the hundreds of thousands of full-time job postings that were submitted on the website. The three occupations that pay the highest salaries are "tax partner" (£124,000), "head of sales" (£116,000), and "chief financial officer" (£112,500).
The number of positions that pay six figures has decreased from 11 on the list of highest-paying jobs from the previous year to four this year.
According to the in-house economist at Indeed, Jack Kennedy, "although healthcare dominates the very highest-paying jobs, the roles commanding the biggest salaries in the country – tax partner, head of sales and chief financial officer – reflect high pay for those steering organizations' financial performance, navigating through a pandemic in which some businesses have flourished." "Although healthcare dominates the very highest-paying jobs, the roles commanding the biggest salaries in the country reflect high pay for those steering organizations' financial performance
"While our list of jobs with the highest salaries is full of positions that require years of experience and extensive training, it is important to remember that they also carry the burden of making important – and in some cases life and death – decisions, which can impact both the direction an organization takes as well as the employees who work there."
According to Indeed, the following table details the top 20 positions in terms of salary.
1. Tax partner (£124,000)
2. Chief Revenue Officer (£116,000)
3. Chief Financial Officer (a salary of 112,500 British Pounds)
4. Consultant dermatologist (£100,000)
5. Engineering Vice President (an annual salary of £99,300)
6. Eye doctor (a salary of 98,000 pounds)
7. Vascular surgeon (£97,000
8. Nephrologist with a salary of £96,700
9. Consultant paediatrician (£96,100)
10. Neonatologist (£96,000)
11. Locum consultant (£95,700)
12. Anesthesiologist (an annual salary of £95,600)
13. Consultant oncologist (£95,300)
14. Rheumatologist (£94,700)
15. Chief Technology Officer (an annual salary of 93,400 GBP).
16. Litigation partner (£93,300)
17. Plastic surgeon (£93,000)
18. Orthodontist (an annual salary of £92,800)
19. Director of analytics (92.7 thousand pound sterling)
20. Director of Product Management (an annual salary of 91,900 GBP)
In the Salary Stories section of Refinery29, you can read about the experiences of actual women who have negotiated their way through job changes and promotions in order to earn what they are due.