How can I get a job after Masters in UK?

Working in the UK – A Guide for International Students

How can I get a job after Masters in UKWorking in the UK – A Guide for International Students

Students from other countries are permitted to hold down jobs in the UK (subject to the conditions outlined below). You should not, however, expect to be able to pay your whole education with part-time job alone since it might be challenging to locate such work.

Students from Europe who are members of the EEA

Students who are citizens of a nation in the European Economic Area (EEA) or Switzerland are permitted to work without any limitations in the United Kingdom. There is no need for you to get prior authorization, but you should be prepared to provide your passport or identification card to an employer as evidence of your nationality. Check the following prerequisites if you are a student from a country that is not a member of the EEA or Switzerland.

Students from countries that are not members of the EEA who study abroad

Find more jobs click here:

Students from other countries who are in the United Kingdom on a Tier 4 (student) visa and are enrolled in a postgraduate program that lasts for more than six months are permitted to have jobs in the country even if they are still enrolled in school, provided that they don't:

  • Work more than 20 hours per week, with the exception of holidays or while participating in an internship or work placement as previously arranged.
  • Take up a vocation as a sportsperson or entertainment on a professional level, start your own company, or work for someone else.
  • Start your professional life out on the right foot by applying for a permanent full-time position.
  • To put it another way, you are qualified for the majority of part-time work. If you are unclear about your unique circumstances, the United Kingdom Council for International Student Affairs provides up-to-date and extensive guidance for a variety of different scenarios that you may consult.

Is it possible for my spouse to get job in the UK?

Your spouse will be eligible for a visa or a passport stamp that will enable them to work if you are enrolled in a postgraduate program that lasts for nine months or longer at an institution of higher education that is nationally recognized. If they are traveling to the United Kingdom with you, they will want a copy of your passport to provide to the immigration officer.

Find more jobs click here:

What are the prerequisites for me to begin working?

To be eligible for employment in the UK, you will need to have submitted an application for a National Insurance number; however, you do not need to wait until you have received your National Insurance number before you may begin working. After you have been given an offer of employment, you should proceed with this next step.

You have the option to submit your application for a National Insurance number over the phone. After you have completed these steps, you may be required to attend an interview at the Jobcentre Plus in your neighborhood to validate the reasons you are in need of a National Insurance number.

Is it possible for me to participate in a work placement or internship?

You have the opportunity to participate in a work placement if you are a student in Tier 4, provided that you meet one of the following criteria:

  • You will be graded on it, since it is an essential component of your full-time master's degree.
  • It does not account for more than half of your overall degree.
  • You do not withdraw from your status as a student at your current institution.
  • You will be allowed to work full-time during the term of the work placement if the work placement fits these standards.

If you wish to participate in an extracurricular work placement or internship that is not a part of your course, you are required to do so on a part-time basis during term time (twenty hours a week or less) and on a full-time basis during the vacation periods.

Find more jobs click here:

After I complete my Master's degree, would I be eligible for employment in the UK?

In most cases, you will have to wait four months after obtaining your master's degree before you can begin your job search. After receiving an acceptable employment offer, you will be eligible to submit an application for a Tier 2 (general) visa, which will allow you to live and work in the United Kingdom for a period of up to five years. Your employment will typically need to be one that requires a graduate degree and pays a minimum yearly income of twenty-eight thousand pounds (or the industry equivalent)

If you applied for a visa via the Tier 4 postgraduate visa pilot program, you have up to six months following the completion of your study to hunt for employment in the UK. This is significantly more time than those who applied through other visa schemes. In the future, the United Kingdom intends to make this trial program available to all master's degree candidates.

New Opportunities Lists


This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website.